According to the NY Post, Fariah Friedrich, neé Phillipa de Menil, youngest daughter of John and Dominique de Menil was instrumental in creating the the Masjid Al-Farah, the mosque which introduced charismatic imam Feisal Abdul Rauf to NY. In the family tradition of spritual entreprenurship, she provided the connection between Rauf and real-estate developer Sharif El-Gamal, whose plan for an Islamic center near Ground Zero in lower Manhattan is stirring up all the international ruckus!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015