According to the NY Post, Fariah Friedrich, neé Phillipa de Menil, youngest daughter of John and Dominique de Menil was instrumental in creating the the Masjid Al-Farah, the mosque which introduced charismatic imam Feisal Abdul Rauf to NY. In the family tradition of spritual entreprenurship, she provided the connection between Rauf and real-estate developer Sharif El-Gamal, whose plan for an Islamic center near Ground Zero in lower Manhattan is stirring up all the international ruckus!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015