Each year, the International Festival and Events Association hands out IFEA/Haas & Wilkerson Pinnacle Awards in 69 different categories honoring the quality and creativity of the promotional programs and materials produced by its 2,000 members. Entries are judged among organizations with comparable budgets. Houston’s Art colony Association, the org that puts together the Bayou City Art Festivals, got eight IFEA/Haas & Wilkerson Pinnacle Awards for their work on sponsorship for this year’s festival; Grand prizes in the under $250,000 category went to BorderFest Association’s Festival of Lights in Hidalgo (gold award) and Waco Cultural Arts Fest (bronze). In the heavyweight over 1.5 million category, the Ludwig Van Beethoven Association scored the gold for their Ludwig Van Beethoven Easter Festival in Krakow, Poland.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015