Edward Laird, 45, was arrested in Montpelier Vermont because he dumped a stolen Van Gogh drawing at a local thrift store. Laird allegedly stole the drawing from a Scottsdale, AZ home last year. A savvy woman from Amarillo knew the original when she spotted it a month later at a consignment shop in Raton, N.M., and called police, who identified the man who sold it as Laird and tracked him down. He is being held on $50,000 bail.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015