Sacramento, CA is getting serious about attracting arts production, and has hired away UT Austin prof Deborah Edward as project manager for its ambitious "For Arts Sake Initiative," aimed at creating "a collective vision and direction for arts in Sacramento." The first year of the initiative is expected to cost $125,000, with Edwards’ salary at $95,000, funded by mysterious private donors who will be announced on November 12. Edward was the co-founder and first Executive Director of Austin Children’s Museum, and has been central to many non-profit arts endeavors. She will begin her new duties in mid-October.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015