The (new!) Visual Arts Center (VAC) at UT, Austin will host a staccato celebratory weekend of events to mark its grand opening from September 24-26. The expensive part of the festivities begin on Friday, with a dinner reception ($150!) and opening party ($30) in the new galleries; followed (after a gap) by a full day of free public programs on Sunday including a collaborative drawing event, musical performance, video screening, gallery tours, and lectures. Saturday, the galleries are open for two hours prior to the Texas vs.UCLA football game, but parking will be impossible anyway.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015