The (new!) Visual Arts Center (VAC) at UT, Austin will host a staccato celebratory weekend of events to mark its grand opening from September 24-26. The expensive part of the festivities begin on Friday, with a dinner reception ($150!) and opening party ($30) in the new galleries; followed (after a gap) by a full day of free public programs on Sunday including a collaborative drawing event, musical performance, video screening, gallery tours, and lectures. Saturday, the galleries are open for two hours prior to the Texas vs.UCLA football game, but parking will be impossible anyway.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015