For the past three decades, Texas artists have delivered their sculptures to the annual Abilene Outdoor Sculpture show. On Saturday, Sept 18, nearly all the artists who ever participated in the exhibition will descend on Abilene once again to mark its 30th anniversary, including James Surls, who curated this year’s extravaganza, Jill Bedgood, Bob Wade, Laura Scandrett, Sherry Owens, George Tobolowsky, Tai Pomara, Charmaine Locke and Tara Conley. The opening is from 5:30-7:30 Saturday night September 18 at the Center for Contemporary Arts, 220 Cypress St., Abilene. The reunion exhibit boasts 51 individual works and is so large that it has been expanded to the nearby Abilene Christian University Downtown Gallery.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015