Nameless Sound is bringing together a Tex-Mex pack of avant-garde musicians to improvise and collaborate at two Houston venues next weekend: on Friday and Saturday, Acuerdo de Musica Libre/ Free Music Agreement gathers some of Texas’ and Mexico’s vital voices in creative music. Friday, September 17 at 8pm at the Eldorado Ballroom Building, Corner Suite, 2312 Elgin St. Houston; and Saturday, September 18 at 8pm at 14 Pews, 800 Aurora St. Featuring Remi Alvarez (Mexico City), Chris Cogburn (Austin), David Dove (Houston), Lucas Gorham (Houston), Milo Tamez (San Cristobal de las Casas), jAWWAAD Taylor (Houston & NY), Fernando Vigueras (Mexico City), and Juan Pablo Villa (Mexico City). $10/$8 Students, under 18s get in free!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015