James Magee and his mystical land-art installation, "The Hill" outside El Paso are the subject of a show at the Nasher Sculpture Center in Dallas, and have sparked a spate of media coverage for the once obscure artist. NBC, PBS, the Wall Street Journal and the NY Times, not to mention Texas outlets like The Dallas Morning News, the Houston Chronicle, and Glasstire have suddenly decided that it’s time to talk about this latest, "newly discovered" ex-New York hermit-artist of the West Texas desert.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015