Conservation of the Watts Towers, Simon Rodia’s famed folk-art environment in Los Angeles, has hit a snafu: The Los Angeles County Museum of Art, which was to undertake the work, wants a gurantee that it will not be held liable for inadvertent damage to the slender spires; the city is scrambling to insure them. Everyone wants them saved, and will even pay for it; but are so wary of potential lawsuits they can’t start!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015