Conservation of the Watts Towers, Simon Rodia’s famed folk-art environment in Los Angeles, has hit a snafu: The Los Angeles County Museum of Art, which was to undertake the work, wants a gurantee that it will not be held liable for inadvertent damage to the slender spires; the city is scrambling to insure them. Everyone wants them saved, and will even pay for it; but are so wary of potential lawsuits they can’t start!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015