There’s more than one way to make an acquisition: Young Man with a Flute, long owned by the Dallas Museum of Art, has been re-attributed by the reigning art authorities as an authentic work by English painter George Romney through the efforts of Olivier Meslay, the DMA’s new senior curator. Until now, the painting was generally attributed to that American wannabe, Ralph Earl. The "new" painting is on view in the DMA’s European art galleries where its artist’s artist’s "exquisite skills" can be, now, fully appreciated.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015