There’s more than one way to make an acquisition: Young Man with a Flute, long owned by the Dallas Museum of Art, has been re-attributed by the reigning art authorities as an authentic work by English painter George Romney through the efforts of Olivier Meslay, the DMA’s new senior curator. Until now, the painting was generally attributed to that American wannabe, Ralph Earl. The "new" painting is on view in the DMA’s European art galleries where its artist’s artist’s "exquisite skills" can be, now, fully appreciated.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015