Cloud Deck, a swarm of 2000 translucent ovals like Japanese kites by New York artist Jacob Hashimoto has just been installed at the University of Houston’s Downtown campus, in the atrium of the new Business Building. The piece is said to be similar to one the artist created for the opening of the new wing of MACRO, the Museum of Contemporary Art in Rome. but Houstonians may remember Superabumdant Atmosphere, a similar kite-installation at Rice Gallery in 2005.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015