David Hickman began teaching art at the University of Houston in 1969. He passed away on august 23, 2010, after a long illness, but the popular teacher’s passion and his love for the color purple are remembered in a piece in today’s Daily Cougar. There will be a memorial service on Sunday, September 19 at 2pm in the Fine Arts Building’s Dudley Recital Hall, room 132D. All are welcome.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015