Weather and vandalism have dimmed Paintbrush Alley‘s funky glory. The San Angelo landmark needs a face lift and The Downtown San Angelo group is asking artists to help on September 18, “redo day” for the eccentric art-filled corrodor between West Twohig and West Concho avenues, created in 2005 by Sue Rainey, Julie Raymond, Melodie McDonald, Ellen Lasatter and dozens of other local artists and volunteers. Sketches of proposed painting, sculpture, and graffiti projects are being collected now. “We’re willing to look at anything,” said Brenda Gunter, vice president of the downtown group.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015