Weather and vandalism have dimmed Paintbrush Alley‘s funky glory. The San Angelo landmark needs a face lift and The Downtown San Angelo group is asking artists to help on September 18, “redo day” for the eccentric art-filled corrodor between West Twohig and West Concho avenues, created in 2005 by Sue Rainey, Julie Raymond, Melodie McDonald, Ellen Lasatter and dozens of other local artists and volunteers. Sketches of proposed painting, sculpture, and graffiti projects are being collected now. “We’re willing to look at anything,” said Brenda Gunter, vice president of the downtown group.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015