Hanger Orthopedic Group, a maker of prosthetic devices, is holding a contest to find art for it’s new headquarters in Austin. Texas artists will vie for a $10,000 prize plus display space for at least two years in the company’s offices. Ten finalists will also receive $500 awards. According to the press release, submissions should reflect the theme "moving lives forward," not the myriad of darker images that immediately suggest themselves. The deadline for submissions is Oct. 19.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015