San Antonio muralist Claudio Aguillon has just finished a prominent piece on the side of La Gloria Ice House at PearlBrewery. The 38-year old painter’s work adorns many SA walls, including Picante Grill and Taco Haven, the South Texas Blood & Tissue Center, Southwest High School, and Taquería Mexico, where he got his start as an art student looking for a few bucks to pay his tuition. Aguillon is interviewed as a Mexican-American successs story in today’s SA Express-News.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015