A judge in Brownsville on Thursday set a January trial date for 20-year-old Ernesto Ivan Martinez, accused of the grisly murder of Barry Horn, director of the Brownsville Art Museum on the morning before the museum’s annual gala last year. Martinez pled not guilty at his arraignment in Feruary, but a judge in May ruled that a videotaped confession obtained by police in which Martinez admits to stabbing the museum director, claiming he was drunk and angry because Horn had raped him two weeks previously, will be allowed during trial.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015