LA Times art critic Christopher Knight looks to Houston’s Menil Collection as a model for what the new Broad Museum of art can do for Los Angeles. Calling the Menil "the nation’s most universally admired single-collector art museum," Knight hopes that New York architects Diller Scofidio + Renfro, who will design Broad’s building will "spend a lot of time in Houston between now and then." now, if they could only fix the Broad collection itself . . .
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015