LA Times art critic Christopher Knight looks to Houston’s Menil Collection as a model for what the new Broad Museum of art can do for Los Angeles. Calling the Menil "the nation’s most universally admired single-collector art museum," Knight hopes that New York architects Diller Scofidio + Renfro, who will design Broad’s building will "spend a lot of time in Houston between now and then." now, if they could only fix the Broad collection itself . . .
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015