The city of San Marcos has been saving up its hotel tax dollars, and is in the process of approving a new permanent sculpture dedicated to Martin Luther King, Jr., and Lyndon B. Johnson at the intersection og MLK and LBJ Drives. Plans for the monument, known as the LBJ/MLK Crossroads Project, are still in flux, but according to the city, the intersection may represent the only example in Texas of a point where two streets bearing the names of those two men meet.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015