The city of San Marcos has been saving up its hotel tax dollars, and is in the process of approving a new permanent sculpture dedicated to Martin Luther King, Jr., and Lyndon B. Johnson at the intersection og MLK and LBJ Drives. Plans for the monument, known as the LBJ/MLK Crossroads Project, are still in flux, but according to the city, the intersection may represent the only example in Texas of a point where two streets bearing the names of those two men meet.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015