Houston artist Trenton Doyle Hancock is putting the finishing touches on A Better Promise at the Seattle Art Museum’s Olympic Sculpture Park. The site specific piece includes a 25-foot aluminum hand suspended from the PACCAR Pavilion’s ceiling, perforated to reveal wall drawings and nine offertory vitrines ready to receive colored bottle tops deposited by visitors. The opening is on August 27.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015