Houston artist Trenton Doyle Hancock is putting the finishing touches on A Better Promise at the Seattle Art Museum’s Olympic Sculpture Park. The site specific piece includes a 25-foot aluminum hand suspended from the PACCAR Pavilion’s ceiling, perforated to reveal wall drawings and nine offertory vitrines ready to receive colored bottle tops deposited by visitors. The opening is on August 27.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015