Dallas artist Lizzy Wetzel has a very strong personal iconography that draws on notions of the spiritual and supernatural from a variety of cultures. In addition to her intensely detailed sculptures and installations, she also performs what she calls “service actions,” which would traditionally be called performance art by anybody else. These service actions are inspired by her grandfather, a medical doctor who routinely made house calls on horseback.
Born in Austin, Texas, Lizzy Wetzel received her BFA from the School of Visual Art at the University of North Texas in Denton. She has shown work at Road Agent Gallery in Dallas, FotoFest Houston, the Wichita Falls Museum of Art, Art Palace in Austin, 500X Gallery in Dallas, and Salon Mijangos in San Antonio.
is a Houston photographer.
Also by Everett Taasevigen:
Glass Houses 18: Margaret Meehan and Noah Simblist
also by Everett Taasevigen
- Glass Houses 23: Ludwig Schwarz - October 10th, 2010
- Glass Houses 19: Marjorie Schwarz - May 7th, 2010
- Glass Houses 18: Margaret Meehan and Noah Simblist - March 20th, 2010
- Glass Houses 17: Shamrock Hotel Studios - February 8th, 2010
- Glasshouses 16: Gary Sweeney - December 16th, 2009