A San Antonio program enrolling graffiti taggers in a summer art class (sometimes by court order) was dissected in an article in the San Antonio Express-News yesterday. 20 artistically inclined youths repainted their previous, unauthorized, works on the 19th St. Dam with six murals depicting Chicano history, San Antonio, the environment and the river. Described as "cool" by students who appear to be benefitting from the instruction, the program’s directors are "realistic" about its utility as a graffiti abatement tool.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015