Valerie Cassel Oliver has been promoted to Senior Curator at Houston’s Contemporary Arts Museum, filling the hole left by Toby Kamps as he moves on over to a position at the Menil Collection. A native Houstonian, UT alum, Oliver has been curator at the CAMH since 2006, organizing, among others, Black Light/White Noise, Hand+Made: The Performative Impulse in Art and Craft, and the current Jennifer West show. She will assume her new duties on October 1.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015