Valerie Cassel Oliver has been promoted to Senior Curator at Houston’s Contemporary Arts Museum, filling the hole left by Toby Kamps as he moves on over to a position at the Menil Collection. A native Houstonian, UT alum, Oliver has been curator at the CAMH since 2006, organizing, among others, Black Light/White Noise, Hand+Made: The Performative Impulse in Art and Craft, and the current Jennifer West show. She will assume her new duties on October 1.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015