In September of 2002, God gave Kerrville artist Max Greiner, Jr. a "vision" of large, Christ-honoring sculptures, including a giant cross, displayed in privately owned Sculpture Prayer Gardens, along the major highways of the world. The coming King Foundation, a Texas nonprofit he established in 2004 to realize this vision has erected a 77-foot steel cross atop a hill on I-10 outside Kerrville. The monumental minimalist symbol, titled Open Cross has finally been erected after years of fundraising and controversy.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015