UT’s Harry Ransome Center is hoping fans will donate $30,000 to restore five dresses worn by actress Vivian Leigh as Scarlett O’Hara in Gone With the Wind, which will be part of an exhibition marking the oscar-winning movie’s 75th anniversary in 2014. The Ransome center acquired the costumes- including the famous "green curtain dress," in the 80’s as part of the collection of the film’s producer, David O. Selznick. Donations can be made on the Ransom Center website.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015