The Amon Carter Museum will use its recently awarded $150,000 Federal Digitization Grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services to digitize and catalog nearly 25,000 "priority" photographs in its extensive collection, thus making them avaliable to a larger swathe of humanity. It’s one of the six IMLS grants for institutions in Texas, out of 178 nationwide. With roughly 10% of the US population in Texas, shouldn’t we have gotten 17? Hmm.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015