The former owner of a Clayton, Missouri art gallery who disappeared in 2005 was arrested Friday in Texas after being on the lam for five years. Brent A. Farris, 48, pleaded guilty in federal court in St. Louis in 2004 of bankruptcy fraud, admitting that he had concealed the sale of a $300,000 painting by 16th-century Flemish painter Bartholomeus Spranger that he had bought for $750. After his sentencing in 2005, Farris failed to show up at the federal detention center in Louisiana.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015