It took eight months of digging but archaeologists have located the entrance to the tunnel that leads to the galleries beneath the Temple of the Feathered Serpent in Teotihuacan. The tunnel was sealed off an estimated 1,800 years ago and the galleries are where the ancient city’s dead rulers would have been placed. Archaeologists hope to enter the tunnel in the next few months.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015