Turrell fans and Quakers rejoice, James Turrell’s Skyspace in the Live Oak Friends Meeting House is open again after a more than two year closure. The roof window, which frames a section of sky, was closed down after a wooden component in the opening mechanism rotted out and the entire system had to be redesigned and replaced. Check out the details in Douglas Britt’s Houston Chronicle article. The piece is open for public viewing one hour before sunset on Fridays, Live Oak Friends Meeting House. 1318 W. 26th, 713-862-6685.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015