Tar balls and sludge pools from the BP disaster are hard to miss but now black light is being used to find much more subtle and widely spread oil contamination on beaches. UV light helps spot blood and bodily fluids at crime scenes but oil particles also fluoresce under the light, glowing a yellow-orange. Check out National Geographic‘s slideshow of photos and you may be inspired to pick up a UV flashlight and head to the Texas coast.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015