Tar balls and sludge pools from the BP disaster are hard to miss but now black light is being used to find much more subtle and widely spread oil contamination on beaches. UV light helps spot blood and bodily fluids at crime scenes but oil particles also fluoresce under the light, glowing a yellow-orange. Check out National Geographic‘s slideshow of photos and you may be inspired to pick up a UV flashlight and head to the Texas coast.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015