Less than pleased with their digital royalties, authors like Philip Roth, Orhan Pamuk, Martin Amis, are bypassing publishers and using Amazon to sell e-books straight to readers. The creation of literary agent Andrew "The Jackal" Wylie, Odyssey Editions launched yesterday selling modern classics from Wylie’s A-list clients. While an agent essentially acting as a publisher is odd, Amazon offers a royal rate of 70% while publishers are trying to keep current ebook royalties at 25%.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015