Opening night for "The Program," an exhibition of videos curated by Charles Dee Mitchell, will be July 31st at Conduit Gallery. The exhibition includes work by David Askevold, Jon Gitelson, Matthew Day Jackson, Luke Murphy, Jason Rhoades, Erin Shirreff, and Bill Viola and runs through August 28.
On Wednesday August 4th Eve Sussman and The Rufus Corporation ‘s "The Rape of the Sabine Women" will be showing at the Angelika Theater at 7:30. Creative Time presented the U.S. premiere of the acclaimed video-musical. In the Fall Eve Sussman will be coming to the DFW area to do an installation at the Fort Worth Contemporary Arts and show her "89 Seconds at Alcazar" which will be at the Meadows Museum on the SMU campus. I’ll blog more about that when it gets closer.
And finally on Wednesday August 18th "DOUBLE TAKE," a film by Johan Grimonprez will be shown at the Angelika. This will be the only area screening and it made John Waters’ Top Ten List in Artforum.
With so much on the program I hope you will find the time to go out and see some if not all of the work being thoughtfully brought to your Texas doorstep.
also by Margaret Meehan
- People in Your Neighborhood: Karen Weiner - May 10th, 2013
- Similar But Different #30: Art As Digestion - March 14th, 2013
- Yayoi Kusama: Princess of the Polka Dots - July 19th, 2012
- Seventeen Hundred Seeds: Cultivating Community As Art - June 2nd, 2012
- Similar but Different #29: The Rainbow Connection - May 23rd, 2012