Last week New York University said it did not want the film and video artist Larry Rivers shot of his nude adolescent daughters. NYU is purchasing Rivers’s archive from the Larry Rivers Foundation and Rivers’s youngest daughter, Emma Tamburlini, wants the material turned over to her and her sister Gwynne Rivers. According to The New York Times, "Mr. Rivers filmed his daughters at six-month intervals, beginning when each was about 11, from 1976 to 1981, for a series that he titled “Growing.” He filmed them either naked or topless and made comments and asked questions about their changing bodies, particularly their breasts." The Larry Rivers Foundation has yet to agree to Ms. Tamburlini’s request.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015