Upper Valley Sails, a kinetic sculpture by Canadian artist Doug Taylor is being unveiled at the traffic circle of Country Club Rd. and Upper Valley in El Paso this morning. Said to be "reminiscent of cottonwood seeds" the high-tech whirligig’s blades move slower and slower as the wind speed increases, like a reverse wind turbine!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015