Famed titan of the graphic novel form, the pop-eyed, irascible Harvey Pekar was found dead in his home in Cleveland, Ohio on Monday at age 70. Nearly as famous for his irritating, subversive appearances on the David Letterman Show as for American Splendor, his seminal series of graphic novels, Pekar was, according to collaborator R. Crumb, "the soul of Cleveland," hence, the soul of America.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015