The Art Museum of South Texas was awarded a $150,000 Museums for America grant from the Federal governement’s Institute of Museum and Library Services. AMSET will use the money to expand its youth programs. Other Texas orgs that received a slice of this year’s federal pie are the Austin Children’s Museum $140,756; Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum in Austin, $149,324; The University of Texas at Austin, $84,681; the Amon Carter Museum of Western Art in Fort Worth got $150,000; and the Harrison County Historical Society in Marshall, $5,540. 178 institutions across the nation received more than $19.5 million in grants this time around.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015