The Art Museum of South Texas was awarded a $150,000 Museums for America grant from the Federal governement’s Institute of Museum and Library Services. AMSET will use the money to expand its youth programs. Other Texas orgs that received a slice of this year’s federal pie are the Austin Children’s Museum $140,756; Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum in Austin, $149,324; The University of Texas at Austin, $84,681; the Amon Carter Museum of Western Art in Fort Worth got $150,000; and the Harrison County Historical Society in Marshall, $5,540. 178 institutions across the nation received more than $19.5 million in grants this time around.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015