The Kimbell Art Museum will sell $60 million in bonds to pay for its controversial Renzo Piano expansion wing through the Orchard Cultural Education Facilities Finance Corp., based in the tiny town of Orchard, TX. Rating authorities give the bonds good marks for the Kimbell’s history of solvency based on it’s a "deep and stable stream of oil and gas royalties." Get out your checkbooks: the bonds will be available in $5,000 increments through J.P. Morgan and Bank of Texas Thursday.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015