Author Alison Macor, whose book "Chainsaws, Slackers, and Spy Kids: Thirty Years of Filmmaking in Austin, Texas" chronicles Austin´s colorful movie history will speak at the Houston Museum of fine Arts on Tuesday, July 13 at 6:30pm, and sign books afterwards. Beginning in the 1970s with Tobe Hooper’s horror classic, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and proceeding to Robert Rodriguez’ Spy Kids, Macor retells the rollicking story of moviemaking on the third coast. Free!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015