Born on July 3, 1738, in Boston, early American painter John Singleton Copley left his native land to pursue fame back in England, leaving behind charming and bizarre paintings like "Boy with Squirrel" and "Watson and the Shark", and turning to conventional portraits and overwrought battle scenes after his successful transplantation.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015