The five films in Matthew Barney’s "Cremaster" cycle will be shown in Austin’s Dobie Theatre July 9-16 along with the premiere of Barney’s latest film ‘De Lama Lamina.” Not avaliable on DVD, Austin360 blogger Jeanne Clair Van Ryzin described it as a "massive, opulent, episodic, florid, confusing, ambiguous (and circular) creation myth.” And hard to see, to boot!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015