Dolph Briscoe, philanthropist, Western art collector and former Texas governor died at his ranch outside Uvalde on Sunday. He was 87. Once Texas largest landowner, Briscoe was the founder of the farm-to-market road system. The Dolph and Janey Bricoe Western Art Museum is curently under construction along the San antonio riverwalk in the city’s 1930 Carnegie Library building.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015