Protesters slinging molasses from canisters marked with the British Petroleum corporate logo made a sticky mess of the Tate Britain Summer party in London. Eight art activists from the group Liberate Tate drizzled the goo at a fundraiser sponsored by the oil giant, whose Deepwater Horizon rig exploded this spring and continues to spew oil into the gulf of Mexico, in case you didn’t know. Thr protesters seek to sever ties between the Tate and BP, one of it’s largest sponsors.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015