Protesters slinging molasses from canisters marked with the British Petroleum corporate logo made a sticky mess of the Tate Britain Summer party in London. Eight art activists from the group Liberate Tate drizzled the goo at a fundraiser sponsored by the oil giant, whose Deepwater Horizon rig exploded this spring and continues to spew oil into the gulf of Mexico, in case you didn’t know. Thr protesters seek to sever ties between the Tate and BP, one of it’s largest sponsors.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015