Artist and activist Ashley Hunt will narrate "Notes on the Emptying of a City" at 7pm on July 1 at The Eldorado Ballroom in Houston. Hunt’s deconstructed documentary, part slideshow, part film segments with live narration, investigates the "new economies of risk" surrounding the evacuation of New Orleans during hurricane Katrina in 2006. Hunt is producer of the short documentary "I Won’t Drown on That Levee and You Ain’t Gonna’ Break My Back" about the Orleans Parish Prison during and after the storm. FREE!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015