Houston city council has temporarily given the wussy historic preservation ordinance some baby teeth, diabling the automatic waiver provision that allows Houstonians to build whatever they want after a 90-day waiting period. The "no means no amendment" may be a foretaste of a proposed permanent overhaul: the Mayor’s Historic Task Force is working on changes every Monday.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015