Cancel your plane reservations! The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston has announced a loan of 50 ultra-choice French Impressionist and Post-Impressionist masterpieces from the National Gallery of Art in Washington, DC. while the galleries that normally house them are closed for renovation. Including paintings by Bazille, Cézanne, Degas, Manet (The Railway but alas not Dead Toreador), Monet (Woman with a Parasol, but not Rouen Catherdral), Renoir, Toulouse-Lautrec, and Van Gogh, the show opens in February. Oh, and sign up for a MFAH membership while you’re at it-with a hefty $20 special-admission price tag for non-members, it might be cheaper!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015