Charles Birnbaum, founder of the Cultural Landscape Foundation, sees the current economic downturn as a chance to pause and reconsider the many aggressive museum exapansions happening or proposed. Criticizing Daniel Liebeskind’s new Denver Art Museum (who hasn’t?) he then points out how Renzo Piano’s recently unveiled Kimbell expansion in Fort Worth is eroding Loius Kahn’s lawn-loving original intent.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015