The Meadows Museum at Southern Methodist University has teamed up with the Prado Museum in Madridin a three-year deal that will bring renowned pieces of the Prado’s collection to Dallas, beginning with El Greco’s Pentecost on display from September 12, 2010 – February 1, 2011, with Velázquez’s full length portrait of Philip IV in 2012. In the 1950’s Meadows founder Algur H. Meadows had a vision of a "Prado on the Prairie" and built one of the largest collections of Spanish art outside Spain, the core of the museum. The deal includes all the academic trimmings: an exchange of interns, symposia, lectures, publications andeducational programming! Why travel?
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015