In its continuing drive for cross-disciplinariness, the university of Houston has announced a new "creative work" minor that combines fine arts with cultural studies such as history or philosophy. John Harvey, the Director of UH’s Center for Creative Work will teach a course titled Poetics and Performance, Professors from the Music, Political Science, and Philosophy departments have helped to shape the new program which the university hopes will explore creativity across the disciplines of art, film, literature, theatre, and music.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015