"Tommy," a bronze boy seated on a bronze bench, reading, was stolen last Thursday night from it’s popular location outside the Allen Public Library. The statue, which cost friends of the library $2500, and was a hit with the kids whose literacy it was intended to promote, is feared to have been scrapped for it’s 2500 lbs of valuable metal. The library is offereing a $100 reward for it’s return.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015