"Tommy," a bronze boy seated on a bronze bench, reading, was stolen last Thursday night from it’s popular location outside the Allen Public Library. The statue, which cost friends of the library $2500, and was a hit with the kids whose literacy it was intended to promote, is feared to have been scrapped for it’s 2500 lbs of valuable metal. The library is offereing a $100 reward for it’s return.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015