The Guggenheim museum is sponsoring a fishing expedition on YouTube- broadcasting an open call for complete video works ten minutes or less from everyone everywhere. Starting yesterday, YouTube Play, the first in what the Gugg hopes will be a biennial event, it will select the top 200 for the YouTube Play channel, and about twenty of that group will be chosen for display to a much smaller audience at the Gugg’s international network of museums in October. (This is a prize?) Submissions close on July 31.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015