According to the NY times, a 14-page legal notice leaked from the public prosecutor’s office in Rome names The San Antonio Museum of Art and the Dallas Museum of Art are among 20 other institutions that Italy accuses of receiving looted antiquities through a former New York dealer, Edoardo Almagià. The museum world is disturbed; in the wake of the recent celebrated criminal prosecution of Getty curator Marion True and the concessions, compromises and repatriations that ensued, there apparently was an understanding that Italy would call off the dogs!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015